One of the main reasons why most men do not go to the gym is the lack of time. If joining a gym class is proving to be hard for you, you can bring it at home. There are so many home exercises men can do. With home workouts, you can save time and the cost of gym membership.
Top 5 men’s fitness home workouts
If you would like to lose weight, build muscles or just to stay fit, there are so many at-home exercises you can do in the comfort of your house. Together with staying fit, it is also fun to do the workouts at your house. With or without equipment, home workouts are safe, effective and so beneficial. Here are five men’s fitness home workouts.
1. Rowing & Pulling – most men tend to the emphasis on the muscles they can see such as biceps and chests. However, having a strong back is essential to the upper body strength. A strong upper body can impact the large chest, and ensure the body does not look uneven. Pulling workouts such as pull-ups and rows are some of the exercises you do at home. They are simple, straightforward and no equipment needed. They are also effective for someone who wants to lose weight.
2. Lunges – when planning to do a home workout routine, you cannot fail to include lunges. It is considered one of the best home exercises for the lower body. Happily, you do not need dumbbells, barbells or kettlebells to make the exercise complete or challenging. Even without them, you can have an amazing workout. However, if you would like to make it challenging, you can decide to hold dumbbells or a plate above your head. The exercise is challenging, fun and one of the most recommended for someone who wants to stay fit.
3. Push-ups – push-up can be considered as one of the oldest home exercises. Students, mothers, and soldiers love doing this exercise. However, this does not mean it is not an appropriate workout for men. It is the topmost exercise of upper body strength. It is also fun, simple and a great one.
To make this exercise challenging, you can add strength by doing several reps or having a time limit. It is also important to understand how pushups are done to avoid harming your body. Whichever, the form of pushups you choose to do, always make sure you are in good form, and your legs and back are in line. Push-ups are also good warm-up exercises.
4. Planks – Other simple exercises that are so effective are planks. Even though planks look so easy to many men, they can make you sweat or shake after a few minutes. One of the main benefits of doing planks is to the core that is usually forced to support itself against the body weight. Side planks are known to benefit obliques, and the standard ones target the upper and the lower body. You can also make the workout challenging by increasing the degree of difficulty.
There are several benefits of doing planks instead of side bends or crunches. For instance, they help the abs to contract. If you spend most of your days sitting down, planks can help a lot. They can help to improve your posture and also reduce hip and back pain.
5. Agility or Anaerobic conditioning – very few people know about agility or anaerobic conditioning. One of the main reasons why people do not get involved in these exercises is because they think they are hard. It is not as easy as exercising on your bench. It is also not as fun as some of the above exercises. Apart from keeping you fit, agility exercise or anaerobic conditioning has numerous benefits.
Happily, you do not need a lot of space to perform the exercises. With an open space and a pair of good sports shoes, you are good to go. The main goal of the exercise is to push the body to a different level. It is a great intense workout men can do at home.
Men’s fitness is very important. Happily, most men have realized the benefits that come with exercising. Hence, there is no reason you cannot lose weight, stay fit or build muscles. Luckily, most home workouts do not take long.